Wednesday, October 2, 2013


Blog post:
First Textual Analysis post about Chapter 5
Identity—
By Liz Davidson


            “The journey to the general’s birthplace turned out to be a more difficult ordeal than my driver and I had planned on (70)”.  This is the quote that I picked, I feel that it can relate to almost anyone. This quote really describes on how life is for me. There’s always twist and turns that will make life harder for me. I can’t even predict in what’s going to happen next.  In my life; growing I was searching for one thing and one thing only, it’s who I am as a person. I thought that I figured everything out while I was in elementary school or even middle school. In the beginning of seventh grade is when everything changed. I thought that I accepted my deafness by than but everything change in the seventh grade. My fight had begun when I went through a traumatic experience that caused me to have no sleep for six months and hearing constant noise 24/7.  In the end, I’d needed surgery to fix it, to get rid of the noise. That experience actually made me hate my deafness and wished that I wasn’t deaf. I got mild depression from that experience. I thought that the reason that I have no friends and no life is because I’m deaf. I became more shy and more quiet cause nobody would hear me or even listen to me because I’m deaf. I felt like I had no say to what anybody says so I just stayed quiet.  Also while I was growing up, I had to find out which world I belong into; is it the hearing world or the deaf world. I actually felt more comfortable with hearing people than deaf. It’s not that I hate them, just that it made me even more confusing on who I am. It took me a few years to actually accept that I’m deaf but I belong in the hearing world. Also I can’t change with how I’m deaf, so I have to accept it otherwise I won’t be happy. my deafness, no matter how hard I try. It actually made me who I am today. I’ve had a lot of things happen to me, the things that I didn’t even plan on. With what happened in the seventh grade; the noise situation. I thought that I would have more of a normal life, but I guess that can’t happen because no life is perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment